Thursday 19 November 2015

My favourite Snack Kurkure safe from plastic




It is both unfortunate and tragic how a brand’s reputation can so easily be tarnished by a bunch of mischief mongers with an agenda. My favourite snack for all occasions has always been Kurkure. I love how versatile it is. I can use it as the base ingredient and make so many dishes out of it! So, it was with a heavy heart that I read about it having plastic in it.

I could not believe what I was reading at first! So, I decided to investigate before I could draw my conclusions. Most of the people who claimed that there was plastic in Kurkure did so because they believed that when they burnt it, it dripped of melted plastic. Which is kind of stupid! Anything and everything that drips is not really plastic.

So, when I dug deeper and tried to figure out why the piece of kurkure burnt the way it did, I came to a very simple conclusion that actually made sense to me. Kurkure contains carbohydrates and starch and oil, like most Indian foods. It also has air trapped in it. When you burn something that has the same combination as all of these it WILL burn in a similar fashion.

Safe in the knowledge that my favourite snack was still a snack and not plastic like how some people claimed it to be, I wanted to see where all this information was spreading from. Does it have any credible sources backing it? Is kurkure certified by the authorities? It is definitely certified by the respective authorities and anyone can read about the certification behind the packet. So, my advice to all of you is to not fall prey to stupid rumors, use your own judgement, examine all facts and then draw your conclusions. It is unfortunate how a bunch of people can malign a brand like that. Please don’t let such people abuse power! Eat your Kurkure and enjoy it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment